Thursday 13 October 2011

Bear Business

Earlier this week I decided it was time to get a composter, my family was getting pretty fed up with the ice-cream pails filled with compostables. The first night went fine. The second night, not so much. I had just got home from a late night in town, and when I was sneaking in my house through the backyard, I noticed bear droppings. Not feeling much of a bear tracker at that moment, I just went inside. The next morning  took a look at what kind of trouble the bear made, it basically ate my compost and left it  the form of droppings all over my yard. It wasn't too bad to clean up, but the bear messed my composter up a it; the picture above is half-way through putting it back together. Another lesson learned, be a little 'bear aware', I guess those elementary school presentations had a point.

-Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment